Have you ever been betrayed or victimized by emotional and psychological trauma?
“Trauma Survivors” often learn how to manage and cope … but the wounds may be deep and lasting, and the person many continue to suffer emotionally and struggle with life and relationships.
Counseling and therapy for trauma recovery can help create a life of healing, serenity, self-love and healthy relationships.
There are many types of emotional and psychological trauma. Trauma can result from a single, isolated experience, or repeated stressful, threatening events. Trauma recovery treatment is necessary when the trauma results in emotional and psychological distress, serious problems with work and relationships, and other troubling symptoms. The types of trauma that we treat at our Center include:
- Childhood abuse (physical, emotional, sexual)
- Parental neglect or abandonment
- Family chaos; unstable or unsafe family environment
- Sexual molestation and rape
- Victims of physical assault, bullying behavior, and other physical violence
- Witnessing any violent or abusive behavior
- Serious, life threatening accidents, or accidents causing serious physical injury
Professional counseling and therapy for trauma recovery helps to prevent more serious problems in the future. We specialize in the most cutting edge methods, including EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. Trauma recovery takes time, and usually requires professional support and guidance. People should seek professional counseling or therapy for emotional and psychological trauma when they:
- Struggle with intense anxiety, fear or depressive episodes (or they’re emotionally numb)
- Experience nightmares, flashbacks or memories related to the trauma
- Disconnect or cannot sustain close, satisfying relationships
- Self-medicate with alcohol, drugs, food or promiscuity
- Practice self-damaging behavior (cutting, hitting, burning, etc.)
- Avoid or isolate
Our specialists have the training and experience to guide you through the process of trauma recovery — with warmth, compassion, and respect.
The trauma counselors and therapists at our Center create an environment of safety and trust to guide people through the process of trauma recovery. We understand the complexities and sensitivities unique to emotional and psychological trauma. Our approach to trauma recovery includes
- Safety and containment (creates a trusting environment for trauma recovery)
- Re-establish emotional equilibrium (from fear and avoidance to emotional balance)
- Reprocess trauma memories and fears with EMDR
- Holistic, mind-body-spirit counseling (somatic experiencing — guiding the body to heal itself)
- CBT (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy) to reprocess trauma-related thoughts and beliefs
- Supportive and interpersonal psychotherapy
- Relationship therapy
Contact the trauma recovery specialists at the Relationship Center of South Florida today, to begin the process of healing – and thriving – not just surviving.