Are you overwhelmed by stress? Do things seem out of control?
How do you know if you need counseling or therapy for stress management?
Did you know that too much stress can cause physical illness and contributes to serious health problems, such as heart disease and cancer? Many psychological or emotional problems can result from chronic stress, such as anxiety disorders and depression.
Effective stress management is essential to maintain good health and to find happiness and success in life.
Stress in life is unavoidable and many types of stressful situations can’t be prevented, such as the economy, a job layoff or the death of a loved one. Other stressors are preventable, such as an unhealthy diet, use or abuse of substances or not getting enough sleep. People can learn some important stress management techniques with or without professional counseling or therapy. And sometimes the stress is so severe or chronic that they need these services for stress management. These are the indications for professional counseling or therapy for stress management:
- Reactions to severely stressful situations, such as separation or divorce, death of a loved one, serious personal injury or illness, or job loss
- Anxiety or depression resulting from an acute or chronic stress
- Daily functioning (school, work, relationships) is seriously compromised due to stress
- Frequent distressing physical symptoms due to stress (headaches, GI symptoms, frequent colds)
- Turning to alcohol, drugs, food, sex or other behaviors to cope with stress
We can help you to gain control of your life and to find the healthy balance you need to face the stress in life today.
Our team of stress management experts understand the most important methods to reduce and manage stress. We provide a calming and supportive atmosphere, along with professional guidance for people who want to defeat unhealthy stress-producing patterns and distressing reactions to chronic and acute stress. Our methods for stress management include:
- Prevention strategies
- Mindfulness training and meditative techniques
- CBT (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy)
- Self-management tools
- Marriage and relationship counseling and family therapy
- Group counseling
Contact us today to speak to one of our stress management experts at the Relationship Center of South Florida.