Major life transitions can be stressful, scary, or devastating.
Have you experienced one of these major life transitions?
- Moving to a new city or state
- Becoming a new parent
- Death of a loved one
- Separation or divorce
- Job loss, relocation or a new job
- Getting married, graduating college, marital reconciliation
- Major illness or injury
These life transitions are the difficult realities of life — change is inevitable and major changes like these rock our world, emotionally and psychologically. We work hard to achieve success, stability, and security. Just when we think we’ve arrived, that things are going well and we have some balance in life, a major life transition can result in emotional turmoil and mental confusion.
Life transitions can be very challenging, and they’re often an opportunity for personal growth and development.
The life transition specialists at the Relationship Center of South Florida have the training and experience to guide people successfully through even the most difficult changes in life. Our counseling approach to life transitions can help you to make the internal and external changes necessary — not only to adapt to your new situation, but to learn and grow as a person. Several very important areas of focus in life adjustment counseling are addressed, including:
- Understanding what you can change and what you can’t change (action, acceptance, and serenity)
- Normalizing emotional reactions (“working through” and acceptance of feelings)
- Identify opportunities (internal and external; potential for personal and situational change)
- CBT (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy); correct negative, self-defeating thoughts and beliefs
- Strategy and action plan
- Develop support systems and develop support in existing relationships
Change and major life transitions are inevitable. Our counseling and therapy staff specialize in supporting and guiding people through these difficult and challenging experiences.