Do you have intense, overwhelming feelings of fear that seem irrational or come out of nowhere?
Have you avoided people, places or things because you’re afraid of having a panic attack?
Our counselors and therapists have years of experience and training helping people who struggle with panic attacks and phobias.
Panic attacks can range from very intense feelings of fear to terrifying sensations like a sense of unreality; physical symptoms that may feel like a heart attack; or feeling like you will pass out. Phobias result from a tendency to avoid very fearful situations. If you have experienced any of the following signs or symptoms, help is available today at our Center:
- Intense, subjective feelings of fear or terror
- Rapid, pounding heartbeat
- Sweating, shaking, trembling, or shortness of breath
- Feeling dizzy, lightheaded, or faint
- Scary feelings of unreality or detachment
- Fears of dying, going crazy or losing control
- Avoidance of situations or objects due to intense fears or panic attacks
Our methods and approach to panic attacks and phobias are based on current research findings and outcome studies.
The counselors and therapists at the Relationship Center of South Florida have years of experience and training to successfully treat panic attacks, panic disorder, agoraphobia, and other specific phobias. The most common conditions that we see at our Center are:
- Panic attacks and panic disorder
- Agoraphobia (fears of being away from a safe place)
- Social Phobia (performance fears, public speaking, and others)
- Specific Phobias (such as flying, heights, insects and animals, and more)
Our treatment approach includes effective methods designed to reduce or eliminate panic attacks and debilitating phobias. This approach includes:
- A careful assessment to determine the exact nature of the condition
- A personalized plan of action
- Medication evaluation and management when necessary
- Exploring contributing factors and causes
- CBT (Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy)
- Mindfulness and desensitization training
Call our team of expert counselors and therapists today — we’ve helped hundreds of people to live a life free of panic attacks and phobic avoidance.