Are you struggling to find belonging?
Are you overwhelmed when you think of the future?
Do you want to grow more independent but are not sure where to start?
Our Center specializes in supporting emerging adults as they navigate social, professional, and familial changes. We can support you during this time of growth and transition to work productively toward success in all aspects of life.
We know that the teen years can be some of the most challenging both socially and developmentally. Teens feel enormous pressure from many different sources: their families, school, social media, friends and partners. Our therapists* work with teenagers as young as 13 and support young and emerging adults through some the most formative years into their 20’s.
Many teenagers and young adults struggle with
- Questions about their identity
- Lack of motivation (in school, work, or career)
- Difficulty with self-regulation, or managing their emotions
- Relationship and family concerns, including co-dependency
- Doubts about the future, and low self-esteem
- Depression (sadness, isolation, disconnection, withdrawal from others)
- Fears, anxieties, insecurities
- Drug and alcohol abuse or addiction
- Desire for independence accompanied by financial stress
If any of these issues resonate with you, please know that you are not alone, and that therapy can help. We provide a trusting and supportive environment for you to explore these difficulties and find new ways to cope and thrive as a young adult.
Whether you are a teenager looking for support with school, family, and relationships, or you are a young person who struggles with anxiety and depression, we can help. Our therapists are highly trained and experienced in working with teens and young adults.
With the help of our counselors, you can:
- Learn how to cope with the stress of family, relationships, career, and school
- Explore your history, your values, and your goals for the future
- Build meaningful and healthy relationships that support your growth
- Gain independence, feel motivated, find purpose
- Demonstrate personal development through healthy boundaries and self-care
- Work through any traumatic experiences that keep you “stuck” or depressed and anxious
- Manage your emotions, improve your decision-making, and communicate assertively
- Feel confident that you can move into adulthood with self-acceptance, strength, and resilience
Call today to arrange an assessment and plan of action with one of our young adult specialists.
*One of our primary therapists for teens and young adults is Dani Sullivan, MSW. Dani is a therapist, educator, and advocate, with a special interest in young, emerging adults. Please use this link to see her professional bio.